Monday, March 8, 2010

The Hurt Locker Bats .667 at the Oscars

With The Hurt Locker winning 6 of the 9 Oscars it was nominated for including Best Picture, I thought I'd share my thoughts. I finally rented it Saturday partially based on the interview with Director Kathryn Bigelow and Screenwriter/Producer Mark Boal that I saw a couple weeks ago on The Rachel Maddow Show. For me, the movie was suspenseful and gave us a look at the human psyche under the strains of war. The movie felt like an intense portrayal of real-life sacrifice with the soul robbing realities of war which kind of explain post-traumatic stress disorder in a personal way. I don't want to say I enjoyed it, it's not that kind of movie. However, I stongly recommend it -- it is excellent. Incidently, Bigelow is the first woman in the 82-year history of the Oscars to win best director.


No comments:

Post a Comment