Friday, July 16, 2010

My Nomination for a 2010 Darwin Award

This guy is living, breathing proof that you can't fix stupid.  I don't care how drunk you are, anyone in their right mind would not climb over a fence and attempt to ride a 16 foot, 1800 pound crocodile! Michael Newman, 36, said on Wednesday he just wanted to pat the massive reptile, known as Fatso, to know what its skin felt like. It's reported that the man scaled a fence and climbed into the crocodile enclosure in Broome, Australia at Malcolm Douglas Crocodile Park after being ejected from the pub next door for being drunk.

"I thought to myself, `Well, I will jump the fence and go from behind its tail and pat it and sit on its back'... And within like one split second before I even slightly touched its back, it already had me by my leg ... ,''
Sgt Roger Haynes said, "He has gone to a reasonable effort to get in and he is extremely lucky. Not too many people escape from between the jaws of a five-metre (16 feet) crocodile…they are not renowned for letting people go...No person in their right mind would try to sit on a 5m crocodile."

The video below is a compilation of various reports about this lucky to be alive nitwit.

No comments:

Post a Comment